International Paper Presentations
The IHC 2019 track on International Paper Presentations aims at giving visibility of papers published in international journals/conferences about Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) to the participants of the major Brazilian conference around the theme.
Hence, this track that occurs for the first time in IHC creates a space for those ones wanting to disclose works published in international journal/conferences and plans to integrate to the Brazilian HCI community, providing awareness to everyone researching about HCI, inside or outside Brazil.
- Papers accepted/published in 2018 or 2019;
- Relevance of the contribution to the Brazilian HCI community;
- Papers accepted/published in international journals (e.g., TOCHI, TACCESS, Interactions, Interacting with Computers) and that were not presented to the Brazilian HCI community;
- Papers accepted/published in high quality international conferences (e.g., CHI, CSCW, ECSCW, Nordichi, Interact, EICS, IUI, DIS, ASSETS, W4A) and that are relevant to the Brazilian HCI community.
The selection will be performed by a committee that will review each submission considering the presented criteria. As a result, authors should expect a brief feedback, presenting the rationale of the committee and the process outcome.
a. The title can be the same one used in the accepted/published paper;
a. The abstract can be the same one used in the accepted/published paper;
3. Conference/journal where the paper was accepted/published
a. Reference in the ACM's format;
4. Why you would like to present this paper to the Brazilian HCI community?
5. Is there any work related to this project that was already published in any Brazilian conference? If yes, please, specify.
a. This information will not be used to disqualify the submission. In fact, it will be used to identify works that were presented to the Brazilian HCI community in early stages and that count on recent works not seen by this audience.
Authors must submit a document with the items specified above in PDF format, via the JEMS
Important: The authors are responsible for assuring that the submission to this track does not infringe the signed copyright for the accepted/published paper.
- After the acceptance, the authors must submit an extended abstract with up to 2 pages, following the 2017 ACM Master article (SIGCHI) template. MS Word users should use the Interim layout.docx template and LaTex users should follow the sample-sigchi.tex template;
- Considering that the goal of this track is to provide awareness of published works to the Brazilian community, the extended abstracts must be in Portuguese;
- If authors consider appropriate, the extended abstract can include recent results about the project;
- The accepted extended abstracts will be published in the extended proceedings of IHC 2019.
The selected works will be presented during the IHC 2019 in sessions around related topics. Hence, emphasis will be given to the integration of works selected in this track with other works from the Brazilian HCI community.
- Submission deadline: Jun 18th, 2019
Jun 11th, 2019
- Notification of results: Jul 12th, 2019
Jul 5th, 2019
- Submission of camera-ready: Aug 20th, 2019
Aug 15th, 2019
- Luciana Salgado (UFF) - email@example.com
- Marcelle Pereira Mota (UFPA) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luciana Salgado
- Marcelle Mota